Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Wanna Be A Cowboy!

I think that Samuel was born in the wrong time and wrong place. He seriously should have been born 100 years ago on a farm. He absolutely loves to dress up like a cowboy and ride his pretend horse all around the house and yard. He even ropes cows and rounds up the sheep. He has a few guns to shoot the bad guys, although he says he doesn't kill them, he just leaves them for the sheriff. At times, he will only eat beans and buns because that is the only thing that cowboys eat out in the west. How did he come up with that? Buns, not rolls or bread...buns. We go to the Spanish Fork Rodeo every year, and that is the highlight of the year! There are cowboys everywhere! He is in heaven! It is so much fun to go, just to watch him! Such a fun time of life! So much imagination! I love my little cowboy!

Just in case you were wondering...cowboys do eat a hot dog from time to time.

He is so proud of his new hat! He worked really hard and saved him money so he could buy a hat for the rodeo. He had a hat that mysteriously disappeared...not sure why it would disappear...it is not like it was stepped on by some horses or cows or the cowboy more than once. It is such a mystery where it went one day when no one was looking...

Lauren even had a good time watching the horses and cowboys. She does make a cute cowgirl!

3 comments:

LindaO said...

You took the hat!!! How sad!!! Your son's pride and joy!!!

Kim R. said...

His old hat was black and had been stepped on one too many times. You see, the horses step on hats and if cowboys are mad, they may also step on hats...that is what he would tell me whenever I caught him stepping on it. He was really sad that he couldn't find it. I wasn't sad. :) Isn't his new hat nicer?

Jessica Burdick said...

Every cowboy needs a new hat every year! It's a given! He cracks me up!
I think kids are so fun at this age. I just love reading your blog!