Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Sam!



Top 6 favorite things about
Samuel Thomas Rodriguez...


1. August 30, 2003 at 6:22 pm, weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long, Samuel came into this world. I remember laying in the hospital room, waiting for him to come, looking out the window. We had a great view of the Utah mountains and of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. As I looked at the beautiful surroundings outside, the very distinct thought came to my mind and my heart, that as I had one mother saying good bye to my sweet little boy, I was lucky enough to have another mother present to welcome this baby into our family. It was such a peaceful and incredible experience. I will never forget the day Samuel came! So small and sweet. The perfect little lips and big, bright eyes. He has been on the go since day one and I love him!

2. Going to the emergency room 5 days before Christmas in 2007 for stitches. Sam somehow hit his face on the coffee table and needed 4 stitches. He is hallarious when he has had Versed. It is a wonder drug. :)


3. On a cold March afternoon, I found Samuel outside, covered from head to toe in mud...with no clothes on ! It was really cold outside! I asked him what he was doing, and he responded that he was Shrek. Shrek plays in the mud without any clothes on. Makes sense. :)

4. The many faces of Sam...cowboy, spider man, batman, pirate, Jedi Knight, Mr. Brown (Nanny McFee), Elliot (E.T.) and many, many, many more!

5. First day of school. Is he really old enough to be starting school? Time has gone by so fast! Samuel was so excited to finally go to 'big' school with his friends from the neighborhood.

6. Finally, one of my favorite things about Sam is that he is so goofy! The older he gets, the more it comes out. He has a great sense of humor and is just plain goofy! He is really funny and makes me laugh daily!


3 comments:

Perla said...

how fun to get to know your son a little better. he is adorable, that is for sure!

LindaO said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!!! I can't believe he's 6 either!

LindaO said...

I forgot to mention.., cool cake!!