Monday, May 18, 2009

Such Pretty Ears

When Lauren was just a baby, I got a lot of flack from our Latino friends because I didn't have Lauren's ears pierced. They would always say, "how will anyone know she is a girl if you don't have her ears pierced?" My response would be the obvious, "because she is wearing pink." It really anyoed me that people would seriously get so upset that I hadn't done this. I have thought a lot about this, and after I got pregnant with Isabella, I decided that getting our little baby's ears pierced is a cultural thing, so why was I getting so upset? I have tried really hard to embrace Cesar's culture and traditions, so why not this one? With that in mind, I decided that if we had a girl, then we would pierce her ears. Cesar, being the good husband, didn't care either way. :)

So, the big day has finally come! Lauren has been waiting to get her ears pierced since before Isabella was born. The deal was, if we had a baby girl, then we would pierce the new baby's ears and Lauren's together. Well, Isabella was born, so Lauren has been asking, and asking, and asking, and asking, and asking, and asking, and asking, and asking, and asking!

Pre-piercing excitement!

Here she is getting ready. She knew it was going to
hurt a bit, but she said she was brave.
(Notice we have 2 people do it at once, so she couldn't back out
and end up with only one ear pierced.)

It really hurt!

Big tears, but such pretty ear rings!
She didn't cry for long, poor girl.

Isabella has no idea what is in store for her.


It was very sad!

Such pretty girls together after their piercing experience.

4 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

They both look cute but Lauren especially looks adorable with her bling!

Angela said...

They are darling! How are they doing now?? :)

The Benites Family said...

Hi! Now we can blog stalk you too! We love the earrings.

Us said...

It's about time you started a blog! Your girls look very cute!And your baby already looks huge!