Monday, June 22, 2009

Suzuki Violin

I am so excited for Lauren to start violin lesson's this fall! And she is so excited! She reminds me almost daily that she will have her violin to play at Halloween. We have an incredible Suzuki Violin teacher in our neighborhood who asked me last year if I wanted Lauren to take violin lessons. Cesar and I attended a few of her concerts and we were totally impressed! It is amazing! She only takes new students that are three or four years old and she plans on teaching them until they are through high school. It is a little intense and quite a bit intimidating! but I love classical music and I really want my children to play something. No one in my family has played the violin. We are a piano family, but Lauren has talked about playing the violin since before this teacher approached me. Anyhow, Lauren and I took a Pre-twinkle music class at the Intermountain Suzuki String Institute last week and it was so incredible! I am so excited about this whole decision we have made. It is going to totally be a sacrifice for our family in order for this to happen, but I really feel good about it. I know that this is a big commitment, but we are ready! (I hope) :)

3 comments:

Perla said...

that is awesome. good for you! my sister-in-law is a suzuki teacher and she plays for ballet west and all kinds of chamber orchestras. i feel bad because i started my oldest at 4 but then after the first year i gave up because i had to practice with her every day and she didn't want to and i had to babies and was really really sick...now she wants to start again but i don't know if i'm ready to make the commitment. but i really wish we stuck with it and hope we can start again soon. but then there's soccer and dance and all 3 kids involved in stuff and i'm not sure i can do it.
do you have a tiny violin yet?

The Benites Family said...

Wow! Good for you guys. Lauren is going to have a great time!

LindaO said...

I just want you to realize that it's been almos 4 weeks since your last post....., I'm just saying