Friday, June 12, 2009

Remembering Audrey

It has been 5 years since Audrey passed away. Every year, I take my little family to Audrey's grave to pay tribute to her life. My kids know who their grandma Audrey and grandma Linda are. I talk about them often, hoping I can pass along the legacy of these great women to my children.
We take Audrey's favorite pink flowers to her grave and sing some primary songs. It isn't much, but it is something.


Audrey was the true meaning of service. In watching her serve throughout her life and in various calling in the church and in her family, she always did her best. I never once remember her complaining about what she needed to do. She went about doing her quiet acts of service.

It has been one of the greatest blessing of my life to serve her when she got sick. She had served me and everyone around her, her entire life, and to be able to return that service was very humbling for me. She was not afraid to die. She was not upset. All she was worried about was the love of her life, my dad. The quiet moments that I spent with her those last two years I will always be grateful for. I love her very much. She was a good friend. I miss her and I think about her often. She has been a great influence in my life and still is. I cannot wait to see her again.

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a nice tribute Kim! She was an a wonderful woman.