Monday, July 12, 2010

Potty Training

So, I started the potty-training thing with Isabella. She is almost 18 months...is she too young? To be honest, I don't want to spend $45 a month on diapers anymore and I don't want to be potty-training a stubborn three or four year old. A stubborn eighteen month old is much easier, right? :) Anyhow, I have officially begun. She has such a cute little bum! She insists on being naked to go potty. Today we have had 4 accidents, and 4 successful pee's in the singing potty. When she has had a accident, she looks at me with a concerned look and calls "mama! mama!" and then she talks and points at the pee on her legs and on the floor. Have I really started? This is too soon, isn't it? Is she really ready? All the older women I talk to think she is ready, but then the young mom's I talk to think I am a bit crazy. I don't have many work appointments this week, so here I go....

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

wow! you are brave. I just feel like Maddy is still a baby. will she mature that much in two months? Am I underestimating what my child can do? Is it that I'm a new mom and still see her as an infant? Let me know how it goes.